Applications are now open for 2022!
Could you be an Operational Mountain Rescue Team Member?
We’re currently recruiting for a small number of Trainees to become volunteer operational Team Members. Being a Mountain Rescue volunteer is challenging and rewarding in equal measure!
As a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be 18 years old or older.
- To be a confident navigator in remote environments in all weathers, night and day, in summer and winter.
- To be able to look after yourself (and others) in the outdoors for long periods of time in all weathers and all seasons.
- To have a First Aid qualification (ideally a 16 hour Outdoor First Aid qualification as a minimum) or working towards one.
- To have enough spare time to commit to mandatory monthly training sessions, fundraising events and callouts.
- To have reliable access to a vehicle to get you to training and callouts.
- To be able to work as a Team.
- To be able to use initiative.
- To be able to help run the charity.
We’re looking for a small number of people to start training with us in September 2022. Initial training will take at least 12 months. If successful, you will become an Operational Team Member and will continue monthly training along with the rest of the Team, attend callouts and fundraising events. Sound like something you’d be able to do?
The closing date for applications is Friday 20th May.
Before applying, please make sure you are available for the following dates. These dates are fixed and unfortunately alternative arrangements can't be made:
- Saturday 16th July - for a hill assessment in Northumberland (if successful at the previous application stages).
- 10th and 11th September - weekend training in Northumberland to start the training year (if successful at all stages of the application process).
To apply, please download the Information Pack. The link to apply is at the end of the Information Pack. Good luck!